Teams are a key component in the success of the Walk & 5K to End HIV. In 2018, more than 200 teams joined forces to walk, run and raise money in the fight against HIV and team fundraising accounted for more than 80% of the total money raised! With your help, we will reach our goal of 300 teams participating and raising $850,000 in 2019.
A team can be comprised of as few as two team members and there’s no size limit to a team! So grab a friend, or group of friends, and get started! Our Team Captain Manual is a great resource with tips on building your team and raising money as a team.
We’re here to support you every step of the way! Please contact our Teams Specialist for help with starting your team, recruiting and fundraising at WalktoEndHIV@whitman-walker.org or 202.332.WALK.
Establishing a Walk to End HIV team for your company, organization, school, congregation or group of friends and family will:
- Build morale and camaraderie.
- Honor and support those affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Educate the community and bring attention to the HIV epidemic in DC.
- Provide exposure for your team to thousands of Walk & 5K participants.
- Surely be a day of community and fun for all!