- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now estimate that more than one million Americans are living with HIV. Up to one-third of them do not know they are HIV-positive.
- It’s estimated that one in every 20 adults in the District of Columbia is infected with HIV.
- One in seven gay or bisexual men in DC has HIV; one in three Black gay or bisexual men in DC are infected.
- In DC, African-Americans account for three-quarters of all cases of HIV/AIDS in DC.
- The fast growing rates of infection are among African-American women and young gay or bisexual Black men.
HIV/AIDS Reports and Publications from the DC Department of Health